Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie
Ingredients that you will need:
- 13 ounces silken tofu
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 3/4 cup coconut soy creamer (any non-dairy milk sub/creamer will work)
- 3 Tbsp virgin coconut oil spread (or pure virgin coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup grade B maple syrup (or agave syrup)
- 1 Tbsp agar agar (not essential – but will make your pie much more firm/gelled
- 1 vegan pie crust
- 1 box Mimiccreme Healthy Top almond/cashew topping (aka, vegan cool whip)
- 1 Tbsp chocolate vegan sprinkelz
First bake your vegan pie crust until lightly browned. Set aside.dd your soy or coconut creamer to a small sauce pan. Add agar agar and a splash of the maple syrup. Bring to a boil. Continuously stir as until agar agar dissolves into liquid. This will take about 3-5 minutes.In a blender add the following: silken tofu, remaining maple syrup, raw cacao powder, salt. Then add the agar mixture – however – I strain it through a sifter so that any loose particles of agar to not go in my pie.Blend on low – high until smooth and creamy.Pour the chocolate into your pie crust. Chill in fridge for 1-2 hours – or until the mixture is firmed and cooled completely. You will also want to place the box of whipped topping in the fridge as well. For at least 30 minutes.Before serving, remove the Mimiccreme topping from fridge.
This image is meant to be a source of inspiration. No copyright infringement intended. I do not own images posted on this page.